News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
PHP SDK Issue - Uncaught Error: Call to a member function post() on null
Tags: sdk
Apr 26, 2023 at 8:04am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Nate Breeden

Probably a dumb issue, I'm used to C# and Python but not PHP, trying to move an automation I have over to PHP.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but every time I run the below code, then test it, I receive "Uncaught Error: Call to a member function post() on null in /path/to/myapp.php"

<?php
require('vendor/autoload.php');
use RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Events\NotificationEvent;
use RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Subscription;

$RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = 'sensored';
$RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = 'sensored';
$RINGCENTRAL_SERVER = 'https://platform.ringcentral.com';

$RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME = "sensored";
$RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD = 'sensored';
$RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION = "sensored";

$rcsdk = new RingCentral\SDK\SDK($RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, $RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, $RINGCENTRAL_SERVER);

$platform = $rcsdk->platform();
$platform->login($RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, $RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, $RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD);

$subscription = $rcsdk->createSubscription();
$subscription->addEvents(array('/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions'));
$subscription->addListener(Subscription::EVENT_NOTIFICATION, function (NotificationEvent $e) {
    if(($e->payload()['body']["parties"][0]['to']['phoneNumber'] == 'myextension') or ($e->payload()['body']["parties"][0]['to']['phoneNumber'] == 'myDID') and ($e->payload()['body']['parties'][0]['status']['code'] == 'Setup'))
    {
        $accountId = '~';
        $telephonySessionId = $e->payload()['body']['telephonySessionId'];
        $partyId = $e->payload()['body']['parties'][0]['id'];
        $body = array(
            'extensionNumber' => 'sensored'
        );

$r = $platform->post("/restapi/v1.0/account/{$accountId}/telephony/sessions/{$telephonySessionId}/parties/{$partyId}/forward", $body);
        echo json_decode($r);
    }
});
$subscription->setKeepPolling(true);
$subscription->register();
?>

I've verified that the variables are all good, URL is pulled properly, and that I'm sending the required params as seen here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/transferCallParty

Is it because I'm calling this from inside of the event notification?

Any help would be appreciated, especially on the proper way of doing this

Full error:

PHP Warning:  Undefined variable $platform in myapp.php on line 31
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function post() on null in myapp.php:31
Stack trace:
#0 /sensored/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): {closure}()
#1 /sensored/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch()
#2 /sensored/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Subscription/Subscription.php(276): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()
#3 /sensored/vendor/pubnub/pubnub/composer/lib/Pubnub/Pubnub.php(565): RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Subscription->notify()
#4 /sensored/vendor/pubnub/pubnub/composer/lib/Pubnub/Pubnub.php(375): Pubnub\Pubnub->_subscribe()
#5 /sensored/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Subscription/Subscription.php(252): Pubnub\Pubnub->subscribe()
#6 /sensored/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Subscription/Subscription.php(129): RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Subscription->subscribeAtPubnub()
#7 /sensored/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Subscription/Subscription.php(86): RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Subscription->subscribe()
#8 /sensored/myapp.php(36): RingCentral\SDK\Subscription\Subscription->register()
#9 {main}
  thrown in /sensored/myapp.php on line 31

(31 is:)

$r = $platform->post("/restapi/v1.0/account/{$accountId}/telephony/sessions/{$telephonySessionId}/parties/{$partyId}/forward", $body);
1 Answer
answered on Apr 26, 2023 at 8:32am  

If you want to use a global variable inside a PHP function, you have to redeclare it with the global keyword inside the function before using it. So try this:

$subscription->addListener(Subscription::EVENT_NOTIFICATION, function (NotificationEvent $e) {
    global $platform;
    if(($e->payload()['body']["parties"][0]['to']['phoneNumber'] == 'myextension') or ($e->payload()['body']["parties"][0]['to']['phoneNumber'] == 'myDID') and ($e->payload()['body']['parties'][0]['status']['code'] == 'Setup'))
    {
        $accountId = '~';
        $telephonySessionId = $e->payload()['body']['telephonySessionId'];
        $partyId = $e->payload()['body']['parties'][0]['id'];
        $body = array(
            'extensionNumber' => 'sensored'
        );

echo json_decode($r);
    }
});

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us