question

Hemesh Surana avatar image
Hemesh Surana asked Hemesh Surana commented

Why is my application not showing up in the App Gallery?

Here is my app name patientXpress - Client ID hDq1uY7QQMey-Eg6Hsah4A

Please help me trace the issue.

app gallery
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I see you submitted a request today. Its status is still in pending.

1 Like 1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Checking with the team and they said that it was declined with some reason. Please check the reason and provide the missing app info and resubmit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hemesh Surana avatar image Hemesh Surana commented ·

Where to look for reason?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Hemesh Surana commented ·

Probably somewhere in your app profile. Look for the "Comment" field.

0 Likes 0 ·

It was not that clear. I just clicked edit and resubmit.

0 Likes 0 ·

Following-up again if you can help find out what is holding the approval?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered

@Hemesh Surana I reviewed your submission and sent you feedback on it. I recommend you take a look at the feedback provided, and take time to implement our recommendations. In the feedback provided I supplied a link you can use to schedule time with me to discuss.

To help others who might find themselves in a similar position wondering, "what is the status of my submission?" or even "why was my submission not accepted?" I want to share a few resources that developers and marketers will find helpful.

But let me summarize some key points all developers should follow:

• Submissions should be free of grammatical and spelling errors. Use Grammarly to help fix any copy you have written.

• If English is not your native language, consider consulting with a native speaker to ensure your profiles are well constructed, clear and of high-quality. If you copy and paste from a translation tool, that will not be sufficient.

• Ensure your profile speaks to RingCentral customers and their use cases. Help them to understand how your tool adds value to their RingCentral experience. If your profile is merely a way of promoting your service, without respect to RingCentral customer-specific needs, it is unlikely the profile will be published.

• Make sure your content is not promoting a RingCentral competitor. While we don't reject profiles on this alone as we are an open platform and recognize our customers use products produced by competitors, one should not copy and paste their App Gallery profile directly from one they have written for another marketplace. Please customize your content to be RingCentral focused and specific.

• Provide installation instructions.

• Make sure your profile is sufficiently descriptive. If you have only written a couple of sentences or bullet points, that is not likely to be enough for RingCentral customers to make an informed decision about whether your product will meet their needs.

In summary - quality really matters as it reflects not only on us, but upon the vendors in our App Gallery. Our goal is to showcase the amazing and truly excellent integrations built by our developers, and a profile is a customer's first exposure to your company and product. If it is of poor quality, it will not appeal to a discerning RingCentral customer.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys