question

Sierra Gold2 avatar image
Sierra Gold2 asked Phong Vu answered

Error calling message-store-report API "message : User has no required permission: Users"

I am using the API to download messaging data but it is telling me that the user needs "Users" permission. The call works fine with my sandbox account as I am set up as an admin and I have confirmed that the user permission is required by temporarily changing the sandbox user to a role that does not have user permissions and getting the same error. I am just curious why it is a required permission for message-store and it is not listed in the documentation. I am able to get call-log and pstn-call-log info without needing that permission so why is it needed for messages? This is the response I get back if I make a call to message-store-report with a user that does not have "Users" permission:

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "PIC-102",

"message" : "User has no required permission: Users",

"permissionName" : "Users"

} ]

rest apisms and text messagingdeveloper sandboxmessagepermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Is the user who get authenticated your app a super admin user? If not, change the user and choose one of the super admin users or create a custom role with the "Users" role under the "User management" section.

The API does mention the FeatureFlag as "EditUsers".

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys