News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Android app not working with media apps at all
Tags: call handling
Jul 5, 2023 at 4:32pm   •   0 replies  •  0 likes
Jay Bell

Alright some on completely stock oneui 5.1 (android 13) on Samsung s23 Ultra and the ring central app doesn't work well with YouTube and other media apps. The app will ring and show its call screen then if I was watching any media it will automatically pause it which is fine but after I answer the call and hang up or if I ignore the call the media app just completely stops behaving correctly. They won't resume at all sometimes, sometimes I can't close the app and can't open any other app (reboot is necessary to fix), sometimes audio doesn't return to the video, and sometimes everything just is normal. It's not consistent but it is consistently annoying. I've tried clearing the data and uninstalling and reinstalling the apps (ring central and YouTube plus other media apps). Idk if it has anything to do with it but I use work profile to have my work accounts separate from my personal accounts so idk if that has anything to do with it. And I'd rather not involve IT in trying to switch everything over and resign in to the accounts without work profile if idk that it will fix it.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us