question

Benny Dadon avatar image
Benny Dadon asked Phong Vu commented

When I login with Admin account it authenticates me, and when I try to login with any user under that admin account it gives me email or password mismatch error.

problem.pngWe have our CRM which is developed in asp.net core. Now we want to integrate RingCentral with our CRM so all users of RingCentral can send or receive SMS, MMS, and Fax from CRM.
So in the start, I created an app using 3-legged authorization in the console which only allows sending an SMS from the main company number, not from all user's phone numbers. I want any user to log in to my admin app and send messages, but the problem I am facing here is that, when I try to log in with my main company credentials, it allows me to log in. However, when I use user credentials to log in to this same app it gives an email or password login error. How this can be achieved.

rest apiauthenticationapp administrationoauth2credentials
problem.png (116.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

You are testing in the sandbox environment. Are you sure that those users are under the sandbox account?

If you can login your app in the sandbox environment with a super admin, you can login your sandbox account using that super admin login credentials and check if you have other users (up to 4 users in total) added to your sandbox account.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Benny Dadon avatar image Benny Dadon commented ·

E1.pngNo as you see in that image I have no user under this. Should I add all 20 users under this, so that any user in this can send messages on behalf of this app made by the super admin? Kindly just clear this. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
e1.png (120.9 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Benny Dadon commented ·

Your sandbox account has only 1 super admin user, thus, you can only login your app in the sandbox environment with that user. I don't know why and if you need more users in your sandbox account to test your app in this use case. But if you want to, you can add more users as I wrote in the previous answer.

In order to allow any user in your production account (real users) to use your app, you have to graduate your app to the production, replace the app credentials (client id/client secret) for sandbox with the ones for production, and change the server from https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com to https://platform.ringcentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys