question

Arletta Shenfeld avatar image
Arletta Shenfeld asked Welcome commented

Become host of meeting if original host can't join

Please bear with me if I ramble. We recently migrated to Ring Central MVP from Mitel. For video meetings we used a Zoom pro account, and we're evaluating RC's video meeting function to see if we need/want to renew the Zoom account. So far there are two issues I noted but didn't know if there was a work-around for it. I'll post the 2nd question in another post.

We have a small office (2 people) and share the Zoom pro account. So, even if the meeting was arranged by the boss, I could log in as him and host. This came in handy over the past year as he had serious medical issues that required hospitalization, and I could just step in and be him. In RingCentral, from what I see, the only way I would have access to the meeting is if he had invited me to begin with (there are some meetings we both attend, and some only he attends and I'm not copied on the invitation). Could I become host of the meeting if I followed the link and he couldn't attend? Would he need to invite me through Ring Central when he set up the meeting, or could he do like he normally does and invite people through outlook email? (He tends to send the link in the body of the email more often then inviting people to a meeting in outlook calendar.)

Thanks in advance.

Arletta

meetingsvideomvp
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

this is possible. You can start by checking the Video settings in the admin portal (examine pic below- for example there is a use personal meeting ID setting and some security settings). If this doesn't help I can try to do it once I get back in the office and give you a step-by-step.
The only thing I don't understand though is:
- ...(there are some meetings we both attend, and some only he attends and I'm not copied on the invitation). Could I become host of the meeting if I followed the link and he couldn't attend?
I think it's possible, as long as you get the link. Maybe your boss needs to use his Personal Meeting ID and you need to have it saved somewhere. Otherwise I am not sure where you would get the link for your boss's meeting from. I use the randomly generated meeting IDs because I've never had the need to use the personal meeting ID, so I am not sure how else you would get the link for your boss's meeting when you are not invited. Take anything I say with a grain of salt, because I am not a Video expert.
capture.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.jpg (93.5 KiB)

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app