News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
What happened to call handling?
Tags: call handling
Aug 15, 2023 at 11:49am   •   8 replies  •  3 likes
Arturo Camarena

I am trying to set a phone to ring at the same time as another phone incase that receptionist is not at her desk the other person could answer without having to run to that desk. If I remember there was a tab for call handling but I do not see that. Is there a new way to set a phone to ring at the same time as another?

Thanks

on Aug 25, 2023 at 3:39pm   •  0 likes

Would Shared Lines work?

The Shared Lines feature allows calls made to one phone number to be answered by up to 16 phones within a designated group

Or Call Pickup?

Group call pickup notifies members when calls are ringing on other member's phones so they can be answered by pressing the pickup key.

Phone System - Groups

on Aug 25, 2023 at 9:41am   •  1 likes

Funny...when I logged into the admin portal this morning I was presented with a popup stating "The Screening, Greeting & Hold Music, Call Handling, and Voicemail settings have been combined into Phone." It would have been nice to see this a few days ago.

on Aug 22, 2023 at 11:33am   •  0 likes

Hello everyone, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the recent changes to Call Handling. I recommend that someone submit a feature improvement or request at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/. It would be great if you could also share the link here so that others can vote on it. Your contributions are appreciated!

on Aug 22, 2023 at 11:34am   •  2 likes

Agree 100%. Useless changed that no one asked for. Waste too much time today trying to figure this out. Thankful for this post which pointed me in the right direction. Love how companies "improve" their products by making them harder to use.

on Aug 21, 2023 at 8:14am   •  1 likes

Apparently RC updated this section of the Admin Portal with their latest release (23.3). There is no where in the documentation that was sent out or on the RingCentral MVP Core Release page that advises that Call Handling has changed. What used to take three steps now takes about 10 and is pretty convoluted. This is a huge change and it would have been nice to have our users trained prior to this being pushed out. Our scheduled update wasn't supposed to take place until tomorrow but here we are.

on Aug 21, 2023 at 12:21pm   •  1 likes

This is big problem. A major feature that we not have access anymore.

on Aug 21, 2023 at 1:30pm   •  0 likes

The "Call Handling" feature is now under Users -> Select the User -> Phone. This area doesn't even closely resemble or flow like the old Call Handling. In my opinion it is too busy.

on Aug 21, 2023 at 12:11pm   •  0 likes

Yeah, big changes and they really buried the call handling settings.
Wondering if queues are going to get a revamp......

on Aug 21, 2023 at 1:13pm   •  0 likes

Hopefully not. One thing I noticed since the change is that when you ungroup it deselects the current users in the group requiring you to select everyone all over again. The list also includes any members that you removed from this group previously. We have quite a few ring groups with quite a few members associated and trying to add just one person becomes much more of a process than it should be.

on Aug 21, 2023 at 7:18am   •  0 likes

Anyone have any information on this? We have lost the call handling tab for all of our users as well.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us