question

Rory O'Doherty avatar image
Rory O'Doherty asked Rory O'Doherty commented

I am not able to start the automatic call recording in my RingCentral app even after graduation, please let me know if there is still something I am missing.

Hi all just as the title says,

I am not able to start the automatic call recording in my RingCentral app even after graduation i do not know if there is some access issue or not.

My Client ID = 3tpLCN41PTabeX6Yj6Tzz9

i also tried using an api for that but still got no clue.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/telephony/sessions/telephonySessionId/parties/partyId/recordings
call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Rory O'Doherty commented

Read this article and make sure that you are doing the right setup and call the API with the right parameters.

If that doe not help, you have to explain how you detect a call and how you call the API and when you say that it does not work, what is the error message?

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rory O'Doherty avatar image Rory O'Doherty commented ·

Hi, so what I am doing is i am listening the webhook when the call is made and when answered I am starting the automatic call recording API but I am getting the error code "403 forbidden" then to get the recordings i have to manually start the call recording.

Also i am not able to see the automatic call recording option in admin portal even after graduating my app.
1692252939871.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1692252939871.png (80.5 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Rory O'Doherty commented ·

Did you double check this important requirement I mentioned in the blog?

It’s worth mentioning that you can only record your own phone calls, a call in which you are one of the call parties. This means that you must authenticate your app using the login credentials of a user whose phone call will be recorded.

If you believe that everything you do is correct, then submit a dev support ticket to have an expert checking your account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rory O'Doherty avatar image Rory O'Doherty Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys