Question

Cisco ATA 192 Troubles

• 21 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Recently RC has stopped offering the normal Polycom ATA devices we use for fax machines. I was told the Cisco ATA 192 would offer the same functionality.

On multiple devices we have discovered that the internet out port on the device (labelled as "Ethernet" on the device) does not seem to function. I have spent the last week plus poking around in the online configuration utility and I cannot get this to work. I can get the device online, I can fax in and out, everything works other than the port on the device that is supposed to be used for another device to access the web will not allow a connection. I believe this has something to do with the IP address on the port being assigned to a weird value.

I am still waiting on a solution from RC Support. This has stopped all fax conversions currently so hoping that either 1) there is a solution already from someone on this board or 2) help others who are stuck with this issue.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Andy,

Thank you for bringing this to our community. I have thoroughly reviewed your case with our Tier 2 team and I am sorry for the delay in resolving this issue. I will personally reach out to them and request an update on progress.

We were also given the CiscoATA 192 for fax. At one location I had to manually update the firmware on it just to get it to work. The Ethernet port doesn't work either. I am guessing this has to do with the ATA trying to do DHCP its self. It should be acting as a passthrough and it isn't and once the ATA provisons to ringcentral I can't log into the ATA anymore to play with the DHCP.

Did ever have any luck? I am on hour #3 with my fourth support tech and they are still trying to get the pass through port to work.