Question

Subscribe to SMS Events

• 25 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Subscribing to a message event is giving me a hard time. I have set up webhook notifications for my account before but a previous integration was failing so I had to remove my old subscription and create a new one to test with locally. Now when I go to subscribe to the webhook using the extensions credentials to sign in, the process responds back with an error message "403 - Forbidden" "Not allowed to subscribe for events of other account". I don't know how this could be though since I am signing in as myself to subscribe to an event.

platform.login({
    "username": 1234567890,
    "password": "nOTmyPaSsword",
    "extension": 999
})

platform.on(platform.events.loginSuccess, async ()=>{
    var body = {
        eventFilters: [
            "/restapi/v1.0/account/1234567890/extension/999/message-store/instant?type=SMS"
        ],
        expiresIn: 315360000,
        "deliveryMode": {
            "transportType": "WebHook",
            "address": "https://bigtest.ngrok-free.app/ring-central",
            "verificationToken": "verificationTOKEN"
        }
    }
    var respose = await platform.post("/restapi/v1.0/subscription", body);
    var json = await respose.json();
    console.log(json);
})

If it really helps I can expose the extension and number (just not the password obviously) but this is what I have been using to try and subscribe to an event. I am logging in with the extension and then if I log in successfully, subscribe. I am able to log-in successfully as I am logging successes back to the console, but as I said earlier, the API returns a 404 Forbidden Response. Is there something that I am inherently missing?

1 reply

Userlevel 1

This is the key problem.

eventFilters: [
            "/restapi/v1.0/account/1234567890/extension/999/message-store/instant?type=SMS"
        ]

And the error message told you the reason:

error message "403 - Forbidden" "Not allowed to subscribe for events of other account"

The API reference shows you this. The account Id and the extension Id (Not extension number 999 as in your code.

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store

If you don't know the account Id nor the extension Id, simple use the tilde like this

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store

Check the dev guide for sample code