Getting Sample Data using API calls

Hi .. I am new to RG.

So far,

1. I created a developer account and using the Sandbox
  2. Successfully executed API calls using Postman
    1. Authenticate using { {baseUrl}}/restapi/oauth/token
    2. Fetch call log
    3. Fetch Timeline data

My objective is fetch a large sample data using API calls and build integration pipelines. Is there way to populate my Sandbox instance with some dummy data.

Thank you

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

There are several things you need to do.

If you are in the U.S and don't mind to make call between your own mobile number and your sandbox number, then just login the RC app for sandbox and make phone calls to generate call log data. If it does not allow you to make direct call, you may need to login your sandbox service web and add direct number to the user extension.

If you are not in the U.S or you want to make calls between users in your sandbox, login the sandbox service web and add more users (up to 4 total per sandbox account). Then open different browsers (e.g. one with Chrome and one with Safari) and make phone calls between those users.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sreenivas Angara avatar image
Sreenivas Angara answered

That's perfectly acceptable. But it would nice to have demo data to exercise and understand API call functionality.

1 |3000

Jeff McMahan avatar image
Jeff McMahan answered Jeff McMahan edited

"...[L]ogin the sandbox service web and add more users (up to 4 total per sandbox account). Then open different browsers (e.g. one with Chrome and one with Safari) and make phone calls between those users."

Or maybe just provide dummy data in all sandbox accounts so we don't have to endure this nonsense?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys