question

Riel Orilla avatar image
Riel Orilla asked Phong Vu commented

Error Code: FeatureNotAvailable

Hi, Anyone had this error?

We recently tested two customers with their own Ring Central account. One works fine but the other one had this error during testing.

"errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message": "The requested feature is not available",

I am not sure if it's similar to message 242 error where the sandbox number wasn't provisioned.

Sandbox number: 13234864383

sms and text messagingdeveloper sandboxerrors
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Tell me at least what API or what did you do to get such an error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Riel Orilla avatar image Riel Orilla Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

My apologies.
We are trying to integrate with SMS. We added the app to the Dev console and got the sandbox credentials.

When we started the testing to apply for production, that was the error we were getting.
That same testing worked with another company that has a Ring Central account and they were able to apply for production.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Did you follow this dev guide sample to read the user's phone number and detect if the number has the 'SmsSender' feature?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tom Kustura avatar image
Tom Kustura answered Phong Vu commented

We run into this issue very often, probably 50% of the Sandbox numbers don't have SMS enabled. Wouldn't it make more sense for RingCentral to ensure that all numbers that are used in Sandbox environments have all features enabled than to have us constantly reaching out to support to enable the feature for one number at a time?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You are right about phone numbers in sandbox are not all SMS enabled. It is because of the change recently in the SMS TCR campaign and campaign id registration. Some numbers reserved for sandbox in our inventory were not enabled and if it's the case, you will get that error.

The rule of thumb is to read a user's phone numbers and check the SMS feature before trying to send SMS from that number.

However, I see the sandbox phone number you provided above is SMS enabled. Can you confirm that you read the feature of that number and it does not have the "SmsSender" feature?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys