question

Total CX avatar image
Total CX asked Phong Vu commented

Exercise WebSocket Subscriptions app scope

I moved away from PubNub and using WebSockets with the Python SDK. Right now I am trying to graduate an app and I cannot exercise the WebSocket Subscriptions app scope. Here is my current application scope:

Call Control, Read Accounts, Read Call Log, Read Call Recordings, WebSocket Subscriptions

@Phong Vu

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is the app client id?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Total CX avatar image
Total CX answered Phong Vu commented

This is the app client id: fJISI3oBdtofUuxHor7oCO

but, is there any way to exercise that permission using the app? I am able to receive notifications in the sandbox just fine.

Look at the attached image Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 9.40.33 AM.png@Phong Vu

5 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I believe that if you create, read and delete the subscription several times then it would pass the requirement. Otherwise, it is a bug.

Can you do that or confirm if you have done that.

What I can see from your app analytics is just 3 creations and 1 read subscription.

1694013883513.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1694013883513.png (17.6 KiB)
Total CX avatar image Total CX Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I will try that, but do you see my point with the graduation requirements? That is cumbersome and doesn't serve any purpose.

I will let you know the results.

0 Likes 0 ·
Total CX avatar image Total CX Total CX commented ·

It is a bug @Phong Vu . I created and destroyed the WebSocket subscription for telephony notifications six times, and still nothing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Total CX avatar image Total CX Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The subscription you are looking at is a REST subscription, I am creating the subscriptions using Web Sockets

0 Likes 0 ·
Louis-Philippe Meunier avatar image
Louis-Philippe Meunier answered Phong Vu commented

Any ETA on a fix for this, I have the same issue when using websocket subs.

1694105706241.png

1694105706241.png (21.7 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

No ETA. Issue was reported though. Meanwhile, you can always post your app client id and I can help to graduate it manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Louis-Philippe Meunier avatar image Louis-Philippe Meunier Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

here is the client id for the app, thanks.

YB1GGnhASdxdJ4tCWBuUKr

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Louis-Philippe Meunier commented ·

Graduated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys