question

Jereme Guenther avatar image
Jereme Guenther asked Phong Vu commented

hang up calls during the ringing process

We are looking to enhance our Ring Central integration to be able to hang up calls while they are still in the process of ringing.

Currently we are using this url to start a call using the phone the user is already logged in and using.

/api/v1/admin/accounts/{Token}/activeCalls/createManualAgentCall

Then we are using this url to hang up the call

/api/v1/admin/accounts/{Token}/activeCalls/{uii}/hangupCall

In order to get the UII to make that hangup url work we have to use this url to get a list of all active calls.

/api/v1/admin/accounts/{Token}/activeCalls/list

We have found that this method of getting active calls does not show calls that have not yet connected.

We have also found that the createManualAgentCall endpoint does not activate the hangup button when logged into the Ring Central web app until after the call connects.

We need a way to get the UII for calls that are still in progress so we can hang them up prior to them connecting. Or a different method of initiating the dial that would achieve this.

In looking through your api documentation, it appears it is missing a lot of information. All I can find is RingOut documtation (which does a double call), or make CallOut which appears to be the same as createManualAgentCall but is not an admin level api. I cannot find any admin level API documentation at all.

Please point me in the right direction.

call handling
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You are talking about RC Engage Voice? I am not aware of the endpoints (/api/v1/admin/accounts/...) you mentioned in your question under RingCentral MVP platform. Can you share a link to the API reference.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys