question

Data Analytics avatar image
Data Analytics asked Phong Vu answered

Trying to get all the extension

Need help in getting all Extensions and Call log records.

I am logged in as 'Data Analytics' users.

There is a 'Corporate Directory' app created by a different group

1. App is private
  2. Application scope is set Read Accounts, Read Call Logs

Analytics group created another app 'Analytics Test App'

Primary purpose is to invoke REST APIs and get account information and call records.

{ {RC_SERVER_HOSTNAME}}restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/

This call does returns about 6 entries with two as unassigned.

{ {RC_SERVER_HOSTNAME}}restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/call-log

Return 2 entiries. Some test data I created personally.

I need to entire company directory and all call records. What settings should I use to enable this functionality.

BTW .. I also created a support ticket.

Thank you

rest apicall logsextension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You don't need to call each extension call log separately. You can simple call the Company call log API to read the entire company call log. Make sure that the user who is authenticated the app is a super admin user or a custom role that has the permission to read company call log.

If there is a reason you want to call each extension call log, you can read the account extensions using the query filter type and status to filter out unassigned extensions and extensions that do not handle voice calls.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys