question

Purujit Goyal avatar image
Purujit Goyal asked Purujit Goyal commented

Is it possible to use WebRTC with existing phone (digital line) setup?

We are trying to get live audio stream from extensions. Our initial solution was to follow this tutorial to setup sip devices or webphones, however, we were informed that there's limit on number of webphones and hence this is not scalable. Now we are following this tutorial to setup SIP over TCP and RTP (digital lines) but the problem is we are working with python and there's no viable python library available which works with RTP. Is it possible to setup these digital lines over SIP and WebRTC?

sipdigital lines
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Purujit Goyal commented

There is no Python solution.

For .NET, please check https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral.softphone.net

For C++, https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/pjsip-and-ringcentral-part-1-get-started-67df16b10956

JavaScript will allow you to create WebRTC phones, but as you said they are not "existing" phones.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Purujit Goyal avatar image Purujit Goyal commented ·

I see and there's no way to provision the "existing" phones over webRTC, correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ Purujit Goyal commented ·

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of that. But I am sure that at the moment there is no sample project for your reference (WebRTC + existing phone).

0 Likes 0 ·
Purujit Goyal avatar image Purujit Goyal Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll check the C++ example, that library seems to have python bindings. Meanwhile, if you can confirm the WebRTC + existing phone, if it's possible and how to configure it, that'd be great. I don't need a full sample project, just a way to configure existing phone with WebRTC will be sufficient.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys