question

GEQ API avatar image
GEQ API asked GEQ API commented

SUB-533 Extension Presence Webhook Error

Hi,

I'm trying to create a webhook subscription to receive DND status change events of a bunch of extensions an app needs to monitor using the event filter

"/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/presence/dnd"

The app is authenticated as the super user account that is trying to create the subscription but I am getting the error:

{
"errorCode": "SUB-533",
"message": "Not allowed subscribe for DnD status changes of another extension"
}

I'm hoping this isn't a hard set rule and there's a way to accomplish this because it would be really useful for us.

Thank you!

webhookssubscription
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered GEQ API commented

I don't know the reason why a super admin user cannot subscribe for other extensions' /dnd event. But you can just subscribe for the "/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/presence/" event and parse the payload to check the dndStatus of that user extension.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

GEQ API avatar image GEQ API commented ·

Yes, but we would receive the presence notifications for any presence event which we are trying to avoid. We have a very specific use case that only cares about DND status change to respond when a user turns off department calls and do some background work. Having to process every presence event would be a huge waste of resources on the server.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ GEQ API commented ·

Fully understand. I already reported to the team to investigate and consider if the owner restriction could be lifted. But that may take some time if they would change it.

0 Likes 0 ·
GEQ API avatar image GEQ API commented ·

I got it to work, I'm not sure how because it gave me an error but I noticed a notification come through and now when I list subscriptions I can see a few that failed and one that is active and sending notifications. Super admin does seem to work.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys