question

Janak avatar image
Janak asked Phong Vu answered

Getting "CMN-102 Resource for parameter [deviceId] is not found" when trying to make callout using c# sdk

I am using JWT Authentication and when I try to create a callout request, I am getting Resource for parameter [deviceId] is not found. Can someone point out what I am missing here?

Little more context: In production, we have 9 Lines and we need to perform callout from those lines in parallel. For now, I am just trying to build a POC with one line. Device is Online and is hardphone.

Code looks like this:

var restClient = new RestClient("CLIENTID", "CLIENTSECRET", true); //Have 
await restClient.Authorize("JWT TOKEN");
var parameters = new MakeCallOutRequest
{
    from = new MakeCallOutCallerInfoRequestFrom { deviceId = "device_id" }, //Line 5 device id
    to = new MakeCallOutCallerInfoRequestTo { phoneNumber = "PHONE TO CALL" }
};
var resp = await restClient.Restapi().Account().Telephony().CallOut().Post(parameters); //getting error here

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

In this case, you should open a dev support ticket, provide the info and the support team can have a look at your code or account/device settings.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys