question

George Schally avatar image
George Schally asked Phong Vu commented

List Devices Not Showing All

Hello,

We are using this endpoint to list all devices in the account: /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/device

We find our test device, and have used the Device ID to make outbound calls. However, another phone has been set up for testing, and that phone does not show up when we list devices. The user has shown they have installed the same phone app.

Thanks,

George

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Remember that the RC app, RC Mobile app and other WebRTC phone apps have dynamic device ids and the the device ids will not be registered to the platform.

If the device you mentioned is not one of the above type of device, submit a dev support ticket to get help.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

George Schally answered

Hello Phong Vu,

Thanks again for your help. I submitted a ticket, I got a confirmation email, but there has been no further contact since 12/23. When I go to "My Cases", the case does not appear. The number is 21235458. Do you have a way to contact the person working the ticket? This is the second ticket I submitted to Ring Central that was handled this way.

Thanks,

George

1 |3000

George Schally answered Phong Vu commented

Hello Phong Vu,

The support team reached out to me, thank you. I'm not sure why we didn't get any ticket updates after the initial confirmation. Perhaps there is a spam filter getting in the way. It would be great if we could log in to the support portal and show the ticket, and follow the conversation that way, but for both tickets I've entered they don't show under "My Cases".

Thanks,

George

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It seems that there is an issue with the email address. Somehow the support team got this email test1@cdc-tek.net and try to communicate with you via that email.

You should see your case when you login the support channel but it looks like you logged in with a different email. Can you check that with this email.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys