question

Jonathan Stephen avatar image
Jonathan Stephen asked mary-community-moderator commented

Click-to-Dial RingCentral Salesforce integration with extensions.

We're currently in the process of setting up our new RingCentral phone integration with Salesforce. I can't seem to get the RingCentral Salesforce integration app's click-to-dial feature to call numbers with extensions. Our old system required commas in-between the phone number and extension to create a brief pause. EX. (333)333-4444,,55555

Does RingCentral's Salesforce app allow for this type of auto dialing of extensions?

salesforceextension
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @Jonathan Stephen, I am actively addressing your concern and will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Jonathan Stephen

We currently do not have support dialing phone numbers with an extension in RingCentral for Salesforce. Users can save the contact with the below format, but the extension numbers will be ignored while performing click-to-dial

Number with Ext (ext number is ignored)

• 12345678x123
    • 12345678ext123
    • 12345678ext.123
    • 12345678*123

In this case, with double comas, you will see an error in RingCentral for Salesforce as "Please enter a valid phone number." while performing click-to-dial.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Stephen avatar image Jonathan Stephen mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Does RingCentral have any plans to implement this type of feature in the future?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jonathan Stephen commented ·

I am not sure, but you may submit a feature request at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app