question

Melike Bingöl avatar image
Melike Bingöl asked Melike Bingöl commented

Salesforce Integration: Displaying Account Name in Contacts

Hello there,

I am having an issue with the search option in the RingeCentral Salesforce Integration (using version 6.26.1 in case it matters).

We have thousands of contacts and there can be multiple people with the same name. So, when I am searching for a contact, RingCentral will show me a bunch of contacts with the same name.

The challenge here is to choose the correct contact as I can't see the related account name.

Is there a way to display the account name? I have already checked the softphone layout, but there's no option to choose the account name. Even if I had the option, I don't believe that it would be shown as the other selected fields won't be displayed either (such as Email to use the domain name).

I'd be very grateful, if someone could recommend me a solution.

Thank you.

integrationssoftphonesalesforcecontacts
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @Melike Bingöl Our Product Engineers have identified this as a bug.The team is actively working on a hotfix release to address this issue. As a temporary workaround, you can manually initialize one softphone layout to your organization to get this feature working. I'll submit a ticket on your behalf and tag it on the outage case so that you will be notified once the issue is resolved. For follow-up you may provide ticket number RCINT-36028.

image-14.png

1 Like 1 ·
image-14.png (246.1 KiB)
Melike Bingöl avatar image Melike Bingöl mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for the response. I just tried that with the softphone layout, but that didn't work. Hope it gets fixed quickly as it's really inconvenient, not being able to see to which account a contact belongs.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app