question

Nilesh Dalal avatar image
Nilesh Dalal asked Phong Vu commented

Send an SMS using sandbox account

1705944225383.png

I do have correct ClientID, ClientSecret and JWT.

Authorize client did work and I am getting Token,but when try to send SMS, I am getting error 403 'Forbidden'

We have account with ringcentral and it's paid account.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sandbox phone numbers are no longer SMS enabled. You have to submit a dev support ticket to get help. The support team can link your sandbox numbers to your production TCR and campaign registration.

If you want to skip testing SMS on sandbox, let me know the app client Id. I can help graduate your app to the production and you can try SMS directly on your production number.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nilesh Dalal avatar image
Nilesh Dalal answered Phong Vu commented

Okay, I did create Application "ATekFirstApp" for production environment.

Client ID is WvFfq07lPLYcTMOLVTbt71 in Sandbox environment and N/A for production environment.

I am going to use JWT Authorization.

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Are you sure that this must be a public app with personal JWT? Normally it should be a private app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nilesh Dalal avatar image Nilesh Dalal Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I did create first private app with JWT and it did not Authorize. than I created public app with JWT and same result. I am getting "Audience claim value is not equal to token endpoint URL"

I am not sure what I need to create?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nilesh Dalal commented ·

Well, tell me who is going to use the app.

All users under the same a RingCentral account = Private app Recommended

All RingCentral users under any RingCentral account = Public app required

Confirm so I can help changing the app type for you too before graduate it to the production.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys