question

Matthew Larsuma avatar image
Matthew Larsuma asked Phong Vu answered

Not receiving SMS in production

Howdy,

I've created a webhook subscription to receiving SMS data in a production app. Here is a sample of the subscription deets I get when calling "getSubscriptions()":

{
    "uri": "https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription/<SUB_ID>",
    "id": "<ID>",
    "creationTime": "2024-01-25T22:12:37.662Z",
    "status": "Active",
    "eventFilters": [
        "/restapi/v1.0/account/<ID>/extension/<ID>/message-store/instant?type=SMS"
    ],
    "expirationTime": "2034-01-22T22:12:37.662Z",
    "expiresIn": 315028802,
    "deliveryMode": {
        "address": "<PUBLIC_URL_ADDRESS>",
        "transportType": "WebHook",
        "encryption": false
   }
}

When I log the raw incoming request data I am seeing nothing come through. I also have a telephony webhook subscription setup that is receiving data just fine and there are no issues or errors while creating either webhook. Both are visible in production and have the "Active" status.

I also see in realtime plenty of data in the production SMS log. What might be missing here and/or what is a good way to debug from here? Really appreciate and support and the community forum in general!

sms and text messagingmessagewebhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Make sure that the extension ID you specified in the event filter is the id of the owner of the phone number you sent an SMS message to. And the user who authenticated the app also must be the owner of the number, or a super admin user.

You should also check the RingCentral all to see if any SMS messages came through.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys