question

Tommy Morrissey avatar image
Tommy Morrissey asked Phong Vu commented

What API url should be used for getting call logs for entire company, not specific extension?

I'm trying to find in the documentation what API to use but none of them seem to work for the exact set-up we have/RingCentral provided us. I am using an access token method via https://engage.ringcentral.com/api/auth/login/admin? but when I go to get call logs from https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account I am getting a 401 error saying I'm not 'authorized' I am using the highest level admin account according to our RingCentral reps. How do I not have 'authorization'? What am I doing wrong?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Call this API. Remember that only a super admin or a user with proper custom user permission can access the account level call log.

Read this article to learn more.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tommy Morrissey avatar image Tommy Morrissey commented ·

how would I use that API with a token? would that replace the client secret?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Tommy Morrissey commented ·

Follow the instructions in this getting started to generate a JWT token for your app and user. Make sure that the JWT token is generated for a super admin user under your account.

Let me know what programming language are you using to write your app so I can help with some code snippet.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys