question

Jon Landrum avatar image
Jon Landrum asked Jon Landrum answered

Are users assigned an MVP or VideoPro license when using Create Extension API

Curious on when using the Create Extension API https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Extensions/createExtension if the user is created as a with a video pro license or MVP like when provisioning from Azure. The sandbox does not have this feature so want to make sure I am creating my app correctly or if there is something more that is required. I could not find anything on the api reference about this. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. As of this moment I have made a powershell module that creates the user but would like to be make sure they are created as a video pro user and not MVP. Thanks.

rest apiextension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Using that API will create a new user with a free Mobile User license, similar to the way you manually add a new user using the admin service web portal.

1707417483920.png

1707417483920.png (82.8 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jon Landrum avatar image Jon Landrum commented ·

What if we only have mvp, video pro and video pro+ in our tennet?
1707760516744.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1707760516744.png (54.5 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jon Landrum commented ·

When you create an extension using that API, it will just create a free license extension (old account will show Mobile User and new account will show Video Pro User).

After creating a user using that API, if you want to apply an MVP or Video Pro+ license, you will need to call another API to assign a DL (Digital Line) or a Video Pro+ license (provided that you still have unused licenses in your account). Unfortunately, those APIs are internal. So you will need to submit a dev support request to gain access to the internal API).

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon Landrum avatar image
Jon Landrum answered

I just wanted to make sure it was making a free user instead of assigning a license so thats perfect. Thanks for all hardwork on here you have helped me out several times in this forum and I appreciate all your comments.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys