Question

Are users assigned an MVP or VideoPro license when using Create Extension API

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Curious on when using the Create Extension API https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Extensions/createExtension if the user is created as a with a video pro license or MVP like when provisioning from Azure. The sandbox does not have this feature so want to make sure I am creating my app correctly or if there is something more that is required. I could not find anything on the api reference about this. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. As of this moment I have made a powershell module that creates the user but would like to be make sure they are created as a video pro user and not MVP. Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Using that API will create a new user with a free Mobile User license, similar to the way you manually add a new user using the admin service web portal.

1707417483920.png

I just wanted to make sure it was making a free user instead of assigning a license so thats perfect. Thanks for all hardwork on here you have helped me out several times in this forum and I appreciate all your comments.