question

Robert Goth avatar image
Robert Goth asked Phong Vu answered

Webhook Sandbox

Ok I am coming back to this after giving up in the past. I am trying to get a webhook to work with a sandbox account. I am using a url on a public server to receive the webhook response. I have subscribed the webhook successfully and I can see the subscription using the the "list subscription" function. I am trying to receive notifications for a phone call or incoming sms. If I call the sandbox number I do receive a notification from the webhook. Usually I get three one notification informing me a call was incoming a second notification that to me seems to contain all the same information as the first and a third notification that tells me the call was answered.

If I hang up right away I can also get a fourth notification telling me the call was ended but I have to hang up within a second of the call being answered otherwise the last notification is not sent.

At this point If I call back I do not receive any more notifications. I can repeat this with sms. I only seem to get three sms notifications than I am locked out for 15 min.

Using the "Get subscription" function I can see the subscription is still "Active" and after 15 min I can receive notifications again.

I also accidently came to realize that if I call from two, three, four phones at the exact same time I will get 3 notifications for each call as long as they are place at the same time. If I wait even a second after placing the first call I will not get any notifications for the second, or third call.

If I delete the subscription and set up a new one I still have to wait 15 min before I will receive any notifications. If I set up multiple notifications subscriptions I will receive 3 notifications for each subscription when I call similar to the description above.

The subscriptions always have a status of "Active" and never say blacklisted.

Any idea's is this issue because I am in sandbox mode. Is there a limit to the number of Notifications sandbox will send out. The code is not the problem because I can make a subscription and receive a response but I am only allowed three notifications. Is there a way to see why the notifications stop sending?

developer sandboxwebhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I have never heard about such problem.

Can you tell me what programming language and what type of webhook server do you use, is it a local host on your machine or an online server etc. Also, do you always send 200 OK response for every webhook post you receive?

Are you able to quickly test with the Websockets notifications?

And finally, if this is a real a problem, I am sure that it would be just a sandbox issue. Because there are 1000+ apps rely on Webhook notifications in the production environment.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys