question

Byron Colon avatar image
Byron Colon asked Phong Vu commented

Integrate Call Queue SMS into CRM

I have searched for information on this, and while finding several good articles, nothing that quiet matches what we need.

We are using SmartAdvocate as our CRM and have an integration for SMS. Integrating individual users into our CRM is not an issue. The challenge that we are having is that our clients like to send messages to our call queues and we would like these incoming messages to our call queues to also be added to the case notes in the CRM. I've tried to figure out how to create JWT's for these accounts, which is required by the CRM, but there does not appear to be an option. When I try to do a password reset and login as the queue, I get a message that the "Service is not Available" when setting a password.

I am at a loss. There is probably some documentation on this somewhere, but I simply am not finding it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

sms and text messagingintegrationscall queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Currently this is not possible for new call queues. Please reach out to me via email (check from my profile) for a work around solution.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Byron Colon avatar image Byron Colon commented ·

@Phong Vu I am not finding your email in your profile. I would like to know what workaround you have found.

It's terrible that this requires a work around. I am sure that just about all medium to large organizations would want to be able to integrate SMS from Queue or Shared Lines.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Byron Colon commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys