question

Alex Shin avatar image
Alex Shin asked Phong Vu commented

Enable A2P Permissions

Hello,

Would you be able to help enable the A2P for this application? I looked at some other forum posts, that say there is a form that needs to be filled out, but when I click on the Form link it doesn't take me to a form.
https://gamechanging.dev/sms/

client ID: 5D4LUlgTSOXbmSZdZcemO5

high-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Added. I also add the Read Account app scope to your app so you can check if a user phone number has the SMS, A2P SMS features before sending text messages from that number.

Check this dev guide to learn more about SMS feature detection.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alex Shin avatar image
Alex Shin answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you Phong,

Do you know how we can add the A2P feature to phone numbers? We don't see a High Volume setting in the service portal.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

For that, you have to submit a customer support request and create a new TCR registration, campaign Id for A2P SMS.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys