question

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec asked bjsvec answered

Help a newb with HubSpot integration?

I am trying to follow along to get this working: https://github.com/zxdong262/hubspot-embeddable-ringcentral-phone#features

I think I have my dev environment ok. I use MacOS 10.14 and installed Xcode, node, npm, etc.

I have gotten as far as copying the config.sample.js to config.js and editing it with my HubSpot tokens.

When I run npm start I end up with the following error and the terminal hangs. I try the next step of adding the extension in Chrome and it doesn't work.

WARNING in asset size limit: The following asset(s) exceed the recommended size limit (244 KiB).
This can impact web performance.
Assets:
content.js (365 KiB)
WARNING in entrypoint size limit: The following entrypoint(s) combined asset size exceeds the recommended limit (244 KiB). This can impact web performance.
Entrypoints:
content (365 KiB)
content.js

WARNING in webpack performance recommendations:
You can limit the size of your bundles by using import() or require.ensure to lazy load some parts of your application.
For more info visit https://webpack.js.org/guides/code-splitting/

Can anyone give me a hint of where I might be going wrong?

Thank you.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
As far as I can tell the warnings don't matter.

The issue seems to be in the folder you specified, there isn't a file named "content.js"
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I didn't try the code myself. I read it.

https://github.com/zxdong262/hubspot-embeddable-ringcentral-phone/blob/master/dist/manifest.json#L43

You can see that there is content.js configured in the manifest file. 

And there is also content.js file configured in webpack file:  https://github.com/zxdong262/hubspot-embeddable-ringcentral-phone/blob/master/webpack.config.js#L42

So what you need to do is to run webpack compile first to generate that content.js file.

Try "yarn build" command.
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Thank you for both suggestions.  I agree the warnings should not matter.

First, I tried yarn build and got the same result as npm start.  They seem to do the same thing.

And I confirmed I am ending up with a content.js file in /dist

Brandons-MacBook-Pro:dist brandonsvec$ pwd
/Users/brandonsvec/Downloads/hubspot-embeddable-ringcentral-phone/dist
Brandons-MacBook-Pro:dist brandonsvec$ ls -alrt
total 1488
-rw-r--r--   1 brandonsvec  staff     896 Oct  2 14:27 background.js
drwxr-xr-x   6 brandonsvec  staff     192 Oct  2 14:27 icons
drwxr-xr-x  20 brandonsvec  staff     640 Oct  2 14:54 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 brandonsvec  staff  373480 Oct  2 17:05 content.js
-rw-r--r--   1 brandonsvec  staff    3790 Oct  2 17:05 redirect.js
-rw-r--r--   1 brandonsvec  staff  370928 Oct  2 17:05 content.js.map
drwxr-xr-x   8 brandonsvec  staff     256 Oct  2 17:05 .
-rw-r--r--   1 brandonsvec  staff    1323 Oct  2 17:05 manifest.json

One odd thing I noticed and am not sure if is relevant is that I can only see and edit the content.js file in the terminal but do not see it in the finder (even though I am showing hidden files).  It seems if I can't view it in the finder then it makes sense Chrome can't find it either when I try to add it.

I'm just learning as I go here, but I feel like I am missing some basic understanding of how this should all work..

Thanks for any additional advice.
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I found my error.  Somehow I created two similar directories when setting this up.  Not sure how I got the -master one, but once I realized this and used the correct directory I got it working.  Thanks.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys