News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Receiving error "PBX not registered" when logging into RingCentral via API
Tags: errors, rest api
Feb 10, 2019 at 9:28am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
justin-@adatasol

I have a program that I'm trying to build that is intended to send out SMS messages. This program has multiple users, and they need to send out things like reminders to various clients. Thus the program needs to make connections to the RingCentral API to send out these SMS/MMS messages.

I'm working with a co-worker, who had some credentials he had been using in earlier tests. We got things working from his machine, but then I tried to do some testing from my machine. I received errors using the same process that he had used. This program executes from the context of the machine that it is running on - not from a centralized server context - so when I'm running it, the requests are being sent from my machine, vs. when my coworker runs things they are sent from his machine.

The error is "PBX not registered". When my coworker messes up his credentials, he gets a different error, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the UN/PW combination.

Does RingCentral only allow certain credentials to be used from specific locations/machines?

Do they tag or mark a set of credentials with the IP/MAC/persistentID of the machine that is used to first log in with them? And then only let's that one source machine use those credentials?

How can I configure my program so that it will work for all users from all locations? The idea was to use a single set of login credentials for the program, regardless of who the user actually making the SMS request was.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 12:28am  
If you are using RingCentral API, your program location doesn't matter. Your app just sends HTTP Requests to RingCentral API server, so it works as long as your network connection is OK.

Could you please provide more details? Such as HTTP request detail, and full response? It's even better if you can post short code snippet to reproduce the issue.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us