question

Daniel Dango Torres avatar image
Daniel Dango Torres asked tak-it1 commented

How to repeat announcement only extension

Can I activate it so when someone reaches an Announcement only extension they can get a repeat of the information by pressing a button? For instance to be able to say something like, to hear this information again press pound, and have the announcement repeated? I know pressing pound on the main greeting for our Auto Attendant will repeat the menu but what about for announcement only extensions. Thanks.
phoneextension
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

This would seem to be a basic concept, especially for an IVR - 'press 3 for our address' - it plays, and then loops back to the root of the IVR. I can see a lot of irked clients if they have to call back.

Hey RC! A little love on this perhaps? The logic is already there for the */# - why not a pull-down:
- transfer to 'extension/etc'
- disconnect

2 Likes 2 ·
Cynthia Beverly 125 avatar image Cynthia Beverly 125 commented ·

I have this problem also.

1 Like 1 ·
Paul Tlapa avatar image Paul Tlapa commented ·

A common business requirement is to offer IVR menus that include the ability to hear 'office hours', directions, or emergency type messaging (especially after hours). The announcement-only extensions work well for playing these messages, but RingCentral doesn't provide the caller with the ability to repeat the message or return to the prior menu. Yet, the IVR itself (the message played prior to a caller selecting any option) does have this feature. This is a big hole in their functionality and provides the caller with an awful user experience. Imagine pressing '1' to hear a long message regarding special instructions (ie directions) only to have the call just terminate at the end of the message. This is a terrible experience and reflects badly on organizations using this platform. RingCentral needs to fix this!!

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 Paul Tlapa commented ·

Just use another IVR instead of an Announcement Only Extension. So, from your main IVR, have an option that links to another IVR (named Office Hours, Directions, etc), upload your prompt to that IVR, and have a blurb of "to repeat this menu, press pound. To return to the main menu, press star." I do it all the time. No issues.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app