question

mike-rike14256 avatar image
mike-rike14256 asked SpaceSteve commented

Multicast Stream Setup for Informacast

Hello. We utilize Informacast for emergency broadcasts at our facility. This software has the capability to send out audio to our polycom deskphones.

Information I need to plug in to my singlewire software is:

Address & Port where the deskphones are listening to Multicast broadcasting and Channel.

I can see under default settings of a Polycom VVX 411 "Paging/PTT Configuration" it's set to default at IP Address: 224.0.1.116 and port 5001.

I called support to confirm if this was the case for our programmed RingCentral phones, but they directed me to post my question here.

Can you kindly help?

Thanks!

hardware
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

JoeVer avatar image JoeVer commented ·

I have the same question - Can we program Informacast to send out notifications on 224.0.1.116 and port 5001 to Poly phones?

0 Likes 0 ·
SpaceSteve avatar image SpaceSteve commented ·

I have the same question - using RingCentral and Cisco 8851 phones. I cannot seem to find a default multicast stream that RingCentral has enabled on all of our phones. If I enable my own paging group parameters in the phone firmware under voice>phone, I need to set "Paging Serv" to YES in the supplementary services section. Every 15 minutes or so RingCentral resets that setting to NO which breaks informacast multicast alerts.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Brice Drogosch avatar image
Brice Drogosch answered

Yes - please reach out to me brice.drogosch@singlewire.com

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys