Question

Multicast Stream Setup for Informacast

• 21 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello. We utilize Informacast for emergency broadcasts at our facility. This software has the capability to send out audio to our polycom deskphones.

Information I need to plug in to my singlewire software is:

Address & Port where the deskphones are listening to Multicast broadcasting and Channel.

I can see under default settings of a Polycom VVX 411 "Paging/PTT Configuration" it's set to default at IP Address: 224.0.1.116 and port 5001.

I called support to confirm if this was the case for our programmed RingCentral phones, but they directed me to post my question here.

Can you kindly help?

Thanks!

3 replies

I have the same question - Can we program Informacast to send out notifications on 224.0.1.116 and port 5001 to Poly phones?

Yes - please reach out to me brice.drogosch@singlewire.com

I have the same question - using RingCentral and Cisco 8851 phones. I cannot seem to find a default multicast stream that RingCentral has enabled on all of our phones. If I enable my own paging group parameters in the phone firmware under voice>phone, I need to set "Paging Serv" to YES in the supplementary services section. Every 15 minutes or so RingCentral resets that setting to NO which breaks informacast multicast alerts.