question

Julia Kononenko avatar image
Julia Kononenko asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Fax: How to add a signature?

When I signed up to get my fax number, it said that I would be able to put my signature on faxed documents, but I can't find this feature anywhere. Can you please explain how I can do that? Thanks
fax
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ashok-veldanda440 avatar image ashok-veldanda440 commented ·
mike , can you tell us how to add the signature to the fax( not cover page)
like we were able to do in the old driver???/
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike ashok-veldanda440 commented ·
It depends on what type  of file or document you are trying to add the signature too. The process will vary a little depending if it's a Word doc, PDF, etc.   Basically, you'll need to save a digital copy of your signature in an image file, then add it to the document.  If you do a Google search for:  add digital signature to "file type",   you'll find lots of instructions and videos on the web. 

For example, this page shows how to do it in MS Word:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Insert-a-signature-F3B3F74C-2355-4D53-BE89-AE9C50022730

Mike 
0 Likes 0 ·
ashok-veldanda440 avatar image ashok-veldanda440 ashok-veldanda440 commented ·
so basically you are saying that in thew new driver there is no way to do this within the driver itself as we were able to do this in the legacy driver??
0 Likes 0 ·
kim avatar image kim ashok-veldanda440 commented ·
If you want certain features on the new Desktop App that are not currently on it, please submit a feature request/idea
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
UR Enough63 avatar image UR Enough63 commented ·

Sandi Lovell, Case Service Manager

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ UR Enough63 commented ·

Sorry, @Sandra Lovell - not sure I understand.

0 Likes 0 ·
UR Enough63 avatar image UR Enough63 commented ·
@Mike my contacts don't look like this on my new ring central. I know how to add them from this the one in the link.
0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ UR Enough63 commented ·

Can you share a screenshot, @UR Enough63? Not entirely sure I understand what the challenge is.

0 Likes 0 ·
Keshav Bhat avatar image Keshav Bhat commented ·
How is possible on a Mac?
-1 Like -1 ·

1 Answer

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered Becky-Community_Manager edited

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/7721.html

You'll just need to copy your signature from some source so you can paste it into the docx file and save it before you import it.

Mike

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app