Solved

Internet Down: What happens to a call when internet is out or phone is rebooting / unplugged???

• 17 June 2015
  • 4 replies

I am curious as to what happens to calls when the internet is down or a phone is in reboot?  Will the call still run via Smart Phone App?  Would the call go straight to VM?  Would the call show still in my overview/call log??? 

We are having issues with our internet right now and some are complaining about the dial out... I am more curious as to the dial in...
icon

Best answer by danno 17 June 2015, 00:33

View original

4 replies

It follows whatever is programmed in the CALL HANDLING section of programming.  Worse case, dumps into your VM.  And yes, the call still appears in your call log.
Spot on Danno, Champion. You could also forward calls to your cell phone, otherwise, voice mail. You will NOT loose the call though. The caller will never go to a disconnect message. 
And I should add, on the smart phone app, it will ring there even if the internet is down so long as you have the setting programmed for 3G/4G.

Hi All!  These are helpful answers.  Just to clarify, when/if the internet is down, the call handling settings will need to be switched to forward calls to mobile apps instead of physical phones?  The system cannot recognize that the internet is down and make this transition on its own?