Question

Mobile App: How to Warm Transfer on the RC mobile app?

• 10 June 2016
  • 7 replies

• New Participant
  • 3 replies

I can't seem to find a way to do a "Warm Transfer" to another employee when I receive a call. I need to be able to talk to the employee I will transfer the call to first before I actually transfer the call. On the mobile app there is no way to do this, and on the desktop app there is a button but for some reason it isn't letting me press it! Please Please let there be a warm transfer option on the mobile app and let it work on the desktop app.

Thank you

7 replies

Where can I find the Quick Dial Numbers of other employees? Is that the same as their extensions? Also, I tried doing your "Note" and it transferred the call, but it did not do a Warm Transfer. I need to be able to talk to a fellow employee while the customer is on hold, and then just hang up and the new employee is on the call.
I also try to do a warm transfer on the desktop app, and I see the button, but it is gray and it will only let me do a blind call transfer.
It would be nice if I didnt have to input my company's phone number again when I am trying to do a warm transfer. It would be best if i could just put in the extension of my coworker.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled warm transfer from mobile application. I want to do a warm transfer from the mobile phone app
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users. I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users from the android mobile app
I have tried doing a warm transfer by these instructions and it doesn't work - it is a blind transfer.  You refer to an article above but I don't see the article to read or understand what settings to change. I need to use the mobile app to make a warm transfer to a number outside my office.  Can someone help?
Hello Bryan, 

Try the follow the steps below.
 Step 1:  To transfer a call to another phone number,  press ## to place the call on hold, then press * + 1 + Quick Dial number + #. 

NOTE:  You can also use ## + extension + # in transferring calls to an extension.

Step 2:  The call will now be transferred.  You can remain on the line to introduce your transferred caller to the next number.

Step 3:  Hang up anytime to complete the transfer or press ** to cancel the transfer.