question

barry-morris-rn3398 avatar image
barry-morris-rn3398 asked david-kartzinel15134 answered

I am wondering if there will be a way to allow larger files (over20mb)?

I work for a medical practice and we create a lot of .pdf files that we use to fax between various facilities , but the 20mb file limitation makes it cumbersome. Will this always be the size limitation with RingCentral?

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
HI Barry,   Good question, but unfortunately we can't really give you a specific answer.  In the grand scheme of things, faxing over a VoIP network is relatively new.  There are still an awful log of analog fax machines out there.  There is a pretty complex process for the conversion and transfer of data as it travels from one fax system to another.  Larger file sizes tend to have higher failure rates.  As the technology continues to develop I do think that it is highly likely that larger file sizes will be supported, but it's really hard to give any sort of ETA. 

Mike 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-kartzinel15134 avatar image
david-kartzinel15134 answered
Any updates on this?  Also at a medical practice, and in the EMR age, 20 mb is miniscule.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app