question

rodney-gist550 avatar image
rodney-gist550 asked ·

Subscription Issue

After creating a subscription, I'm able to get SMS/voicemail notifications when I text/ call my account number and leave a voicemail, but I'm not receiving a presence notification when I simply call. I'm subscribed to both message-store and presence events.

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
ak avatar image
ak answered ·
Hi Rodney,

When an extension is subscribed to the presence events you would see notifications for both inbound and outbound calls.

Are you using the same extension number that you are making a call from ? If so, could you login to the softphone and initiate a ringout for you to test for subscription notifications when you make an outbound call. 

Please use the instructions below to setup your softphone if you haven't :
https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/tutorials/test-account.html
4 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I am not receiving any subscription presence notifications at all (including ringout). However, I do see the calls listed in the calls history log.

Initial subscription request body:
{
    "id" : [ID],
    "creationTime" : [creationTime],
    "status" : "Active",
    "uri" : "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription/[ID]";
    "eventFilters" : [ "/restapi/v1.0/account/[AccountID]/extension/[AccountID]/message-store", "/restapi/v1.0/account/[AccountID]/extension/[AccountID]/presence" ],
    "expirationTime" : [expirationTime],
    "expiresIn" : 899,
    "deliveryMode" : {
        "transportType" : "PubNub",
        "encryption" : true,
        "address" : [address],
        "subscriberKey" : [subscriberKey],
        "encryptionAlgorithm" : "AES",
        "encryptionKey" : [encryptionKey]
    }
}

And then I receive a response saying "Connected".

At this point, I call the number I used to log in with. I don't receive any notification upon calling, but upon leaving a voice message at the end of the call, I receive a message-store notification.

Then I see the call recorded as a missed call on the calls history log.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Did you get this resolved?
0 Likes 0 · ·
After you make sure you have a soft phone setup to listen receive calls, you need to subscribe to the detailed status of the presence event to get that info.

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true"
0 Likes 0 · ·
Outstanding. Thanks for sharing that information. I will bubble it up to our documentation team for inclusion.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.