question

rodney-gist550 avatar image
rodney-gist550 asked benjamin-dean commented

Subscription Issue

After creating a subscription, I'm able to get SMS/voicemail notifications when I text/ call my account number and leave a voicemail, but I'm not receiving a presence notification when I simply call. I'm subscribed to both message-store and presence events.

subscription
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ak avatar image
ak answered benjamin-dean commented
Hi Rodney,

When an extension is subscribed to the presence events you would see notifications for both inbound and outbound calls.

Are you using the same extension number that you are making a call from ? If so, could you login to the softphone and initiate a ringout for you to test for subscription notifications when you make an outbound call. 

Please use the instructions below to setup your softphone if you haven't :
https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/tutorials/test-account.html
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rodney-gist550 avatar image rodney-gist550 commented ·

I am not receiving any subscription presence notifications at all (including ringout). However, I do see the calls listed in the calls history log.

Initial subscription request body:
{
    "id" : [ID],
    "creationTime" : [creationTime],
    "status" : "Active",
    "uri" : "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription/[ID]";
    "eventFilters" : [ "/restapi/v1.0/account/[AccountID]/extension/[AccountID]/message-store", "/restapi/v1.0/account/[AccountID]/extension/[AccountID]/presence" ],
    "expirationTime" : [expirationTime],
    "expiresIn" : 899,
    "deliveryMode" : {
        "transportType" : "PubNub",
        "encryption" : true,
        "address" : [address],
        "subscriberKey" : [subscriberKey],
        "encryptionAlgorithm" : "AES",
        "encryptionKey" : [encryptionKey]
    }
}

And then I receive a response saying "Connected".

At this point, I call the number I used to log in with. I don't receive any notification upon calling, but upon leaving a voice message at the end of the call, I receive a message-store notification.

Then I see the call recorded as a missed call on the calls history log.

0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Did you get this resolved?
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-goetz avatar image chris-goetz commented ·
After you make sure you have a soft phone setup to listen receive calls, you need to subscribe to the detailed status of the presence event to get that info.

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true"
0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Outstanding. Thanks for sharing that information. I will bubble it up to our documentation team for inclusion.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys