question

aust avatar image
aust asked saadetswift16514 commented

External Conference Call

Hi. This is in regards to my external conference line. Usually, I press the star key before and after my host code, however every time I try this, it kicks my call to my cell phone. Help!

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered
Hello Aust,

Our phone system is designed to Flip calls to any number in the Call Handling and Forwarding options when the * key is pressed.

You can disable the Call Flip by logging into your extension, selecting the Settings tab, selecting Call Handling & Forwarding, then selecting Call Flip from the bottom of the page. From here move your cell phone number down into the "Unsused" slot. This should resolve your issue.

Thank you, hope this helps.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

aust avatar image
aust answered
Wonderful. Thank you!!!
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Aust, did this work for you?  I always thought you could not dial * as a leading digit with conference services or auto attendant/IVR systems, etc with RingCentral because it reserved for various features (including call flip)
1 |3000

jeff-koon15925 avatar image
jeff-koon15925 answered saadetswift16514 commented
It may be hidden in plain sight. However, where can one find a conference call dial in number and PIN? I remember it being displayed prominently in the app but it seems to be hidden somewhere at this point?
10 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Look under Users | Phones & Numbers | Conference.  This is under each user's extension.
1 Like 1 ·
Here's the screen shot...
1 Like 1 ·
jeff-koon15925 avatar image jeff-koon15925 commented ·
I may be dense here, but when I go that route (on the desktop admin portal, correct?) the only number that pops up is my personal extension. There is no external conference call link. 

I recall there being a button at the top of the admin screen previously that I could easily click on that showed the conference call dial in and PIN number for participants/host. Did this go away?
0 Likes 0 ·
That will work too. Click on YOUR extension, then go to Phones & Numbers. While in Phones & Numbers there are three tabs. The furthest tab to the right is Conference. That's where you will find the information you are requesting. I'll post a screen shot in a moment or two. I just have to redact information in the shot.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff...As an aside, this Conference information has always been under Phones & Numbers (at least for the past 4 years or so) although now under a sub tab rather than just showing lower on the Phones & Numbers tab.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app