Question

External Conference Call

• 19 June 2017
  • 4 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

Hi. This is in regards to my external conference line. Usually, I press the star key before and after my host code, however every time I try this, it kicks my call to my cell phone. Help!

4 replies

Hello Aust,

Our phone system is designed to Flip calls to any number in the Call Handling and Forwarding options when the * key is pressed.

You can disable the Call Flip by logging into your extension, selecting the Settings tab, selecting Call Handling & Forwarding, then selecting Call Flip from the bottom of the page. From here move your cell phone number down into the "Unsused" slot. This should resolve your issue.

Thank you, hope this helps.
Wonderful. Thank you!!!
Aust, did this work for you?  I always thought you could not dial * as a leading digit with conference services or auto attendant/IVR systems, etc with RingCentral because it reserved for various features (including call flip)
It may be hidden in plain sight. However, where can one find a conference call dial in number and PIN? I remember it being displayed prominently in the app but it seems to be hidden somewhere at this point?