question

Sarah Whittington avatar image
Sarah Whittington asked mary-community-moderator commented

Ring Central App doesn't ring

Hello, my Ring Central App doesn't ring at all. I just get a message pop up informing me of a missed call and voicemail is usually left. Sometime my phone lights up as if I touched a button then goes dark again, but nothing on my screen at a to show me it's ringing until it's too late.I use an i Phone iOS 10.3.2. it's a US account but I use mine in the UK when i'm on good/strong wifi. It did used to ring when I first had it but stopped a few months ago. I'm hoping you can help.

phone
20 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

espagnoletti11541 avatar image espagnoletti11541 commented ·
Hi,

We are having a similar problem. My colleague's RC iPhone app only rings sometimes. Sometimes the length of the ring is very short, not providing her enough time to locate her phone and respond to the call. Sometimes it does not ring at all, and she only sees a notification about a missed call/voicemail. I have attached screenshots of her settings. 

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 espagnoletti11541 commented ·
Hey Elizabeth!

Have you looked at her Detailed Call Log to see what the result shows for some of these calls? Especially the ones she is missing. 
0 Likes 0 ·
espagnoletti11541 avatar image espagnoletti11541 espagnoletti11541 commented ·
I tried calling my colleague's phone to see how the app would respond. This time, it did ring through the app but only for 1 or 2 seconds - not long enough to answer it. Is there something to be adjusted in her settings? 
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 espagnoletti11541 commented ·
Hey Elizabeth,

Which extension is having issues? I would be more than happy to take a look at her settings.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
tonya-wood14369 avatar image tonya-wood14369 commented ·
My phone won't ring thru the mobile app.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 tonya-wood14369 commented ·
Hey Tonya, we'll need more details in order to assist you. Is this happening all the time or some of the time? Are you logged into the Mobile app? Can you verify which mobile app you are referring to?
0 Likes 0 ·
tonya-wood14369 avatar image tonya-wood14369 tonya-wood14369 commented ·
I'm sorry. I didn't have the coworker activated yet. This one is totally operator error :)
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 tonya-wood14369 commented ·
Lol! No worries :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Annie DiCenzo avatar image Annie DiCenzo commented ·

I know its a dated post, but has anyone gotten a solution to the app not ringing? mine has not been working consistently, and I feel like a pin ball being bounced back and forth to try to find a reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Annie DiCenzo commented ·

@Annie DiCenzo Can you confirm that you have uninstalled and reinstalled?
Have you tried any of the recommendations listed below?
Screen shots are helpful too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Overland Park avatar image Overland Park commented ·

I am having this same problem. How do I fix?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Overland Park commented ·

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Overland Park avatar image Overland Park commented ·

Yes- it rings for text and messages but not phone calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Overland Park commented ·

Hi @Overland Park, are you getting this issue when someone calls the main company number or direct calls?

0 Likes 0 ·
Overland Park avatar image Overland Park mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

When someone calls the main number ending in 8492. I have my app on my phone set to Silence incoming Calls (not chosen) and the app reads "incoming calls will ring on this app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello Sez,

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Could you post screen shots of your current call settings? Tap the icon on the top left-hand side (where a picture can go) -> Tap Call Settings

Next, have you checked your iPhone's settings for the RC Mobile App? On your iPhone go to Settings -> Notifications -> Find the RC Mobile App -> What Notifications are Allowed? Could you post a screen shot?

Thank you!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app