question

daleen avatar image
daleen asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Is there a faster way to delete voicemails saved in my phone rather than one by one?

I tend to listen to my voicemails by email or on my Ring Central desktop app, but never on my actual phone. I noticed the other day that I have a lot of stored messages on my voicemail, so I wanted to know if there was a faster way to delete my voicemails from my phone rather than going through them one by one.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered jenn-community-moderator commented
Via your on-line account or from the APP. 
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
If you go into your messages, via the on line portal for example, you can select all the messages and mark them as read.  That should take care of your light.  Next, select all and delete them.

1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
BTW, if you don't want new messages lighting your light, then change the setting in your notifications section of your account to mark message as read.
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Daleen,

Danno is correct. It works for me with my Cisco phone. Since the messages are "in the cloud" they are NOT on any given phone. They are associated with the account and the DDL. If they are deleted from the on-line portal they will be deleted from your phone as well. As a result, even "unread" messages will be deleted and the light will stop flashing since there will be no messages left.
1 Like 1 ·
daleen avatar image daleen commented ·
That deletes them from the app or from the online portal, but NOT from the physical phone itself. The phone keeps flashing to let me know I have unheard voicemails, but they're too many to go through one by one.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Schmidt avatar image Dan Schmidt commented ·

You never answered the question. How do you mass delete messages be they voice messages or instant messages? There is plenty of information on how to recover and send mass messages, but RC doesn't seem to want to let us clean up our old stuff.

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Dan Schmidt commented ·

Hello Dan, deleting for mass instant messages is not available at this time. Please vote HERE for this feature. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello everyone! We can only delete the voicemail in bulk if you are log in to the web portal and go to Inbox. That should be good to go! Thank you.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app