question

jessica-le avatar image
jessica-le asked mary-community-moderator edited

"Audio while connecting" and "hold music" volume adjustments will not save. It goes back to default LOUD volume.

Customers have complained about how loud the connecting and hold music is. There is a slider to adjust the volume, but it will not save. It goes back to the default, which is the full volume. This seems to be an oversight on the part of the programmers. Customers should not have to turn down their phones just for the hold music, then turn it back up to talk to someone. Hold music should be able to be set at a decent volume. Did you know that your hold music for Ring Central is extremely loud as well? I have to turn down my phone when I'm put on hold, then turn it back up when a customer support person gets back on the phone.
extension
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ronda-tappan1531 avatar image ronda-tappan1531 commented ·

Jessica I have opened a ticket after receiving a similar complaint. I will update this thread when I get more answers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Spillane avatar image Alex Spillane commented ·

I am having the same issue, has this not been fixed yet?

I have the same issue, has this not been fixed yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Alex Spillane commented ·

Hi Alex, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for this to be checked. You may open a support case here or call our 24/7 Customer Support at 1-888-898-4591.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

ronda-tappan1531 avatar image
ronda-tappan1531 answered

Jessica this is what you can do (from RC Help-Edith)

You can convert the file with a lower volume by using a 3rd party site to convert the hold music to lower volume at https://www.onlineconverter.com/increase-mp3-volume
- Upload the audio file
- select decrease volume (%) - The higher the percentage, the lower the volume, try selecting decrease by DB if you like.
- Hit convert
- Click on Download now.
- Sometimes (with ads), hit the x button (top right corner) to start downloading the converted file.
- Create a template for your users with the newly converted hold music and apply it to them.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app