Question

Bluetooth on mobile app does not stay connected

• 4 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Why can RingCentral mobile not stay connected to Bluetooth devices?  I have used at least a couple of Bluetooth devices on a couple of different phones, and the connectivity to Bluetooth is always an issue.  When I am on calls, it bounces back and forth between the default headset (which is the actual cell phone) and my Bluetooth device.  I will be in the middle of a conversation and suddenly the audio drops from one device and picks up on the other; for example, I may lose the call on my headset and then plug in the Bluetooth to realize that it has transferred over to it. 

This is extremely frustrating. 

7 replies

Hey Jason,

Sorry for the frustration. I know our Product Team is working on Bluetooth devices and the Mobile App. They would appreciate more information - please open a case 

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My bluetooth headset will not connect with a RingCentral call on my mobile phone..... When making or answering a call on my mobile phone, with my bluetooth headset connected, the sound remains on my cell phones earpiece or can be a speakerphone call.  I am not able to use the bluetooth device at all.
If it helps at all, I just got a Plantronics Voyager 6200 and I have this issue with my Samsung S9+. Very frustrating since I bought it specifically to work with RingCentral.

Using the same phone, I do not have this issue with any of my other bluetooth headsets or in my cars and RingCentral.
Harman Kardon BT
LG HBS850
BLU Logic 1311
Alpine UTE-73UT
Plantronics C720
So where do I get an answer to Carl & Martin's problem?  I'm having the same issue with a Samsung S9+.  Not complaining by the way, just asking. Maybe the support team has a resolution now?
I think I resolved this myself but also changed how I kind of do things. I'll try to test this week to see if this is fixed by making changes to how the devices connect.

It's been a while but I felt the issue was that because the headset was connected to both my notebook and my phone, this was causing the disconnect. That I began to suspect my notebook would demand attention causing the headset to drop the connection to the phone mid-call.

I think it was because I didn't want to use the Bluetooth dongle (BT600) in my notebook and just be Bluetooth to the notebook itself as well as the phone. And I might not have been using the Plantronics Hub software on the phone either.

Apologies for not coming back here to document my troubles. It was more or less that I changed a bunch of things and some time later I realized the problem seemed to have gone away because of those changes. But I'll see if I can actually verify my statements within the coming week.
I just changed to RingCentral and this has been a nightmare.  I am having the same issue on top of a slew of other problems.

There is an issue with the mobile app and system calls for bluetooth device requests, on a Motorola edge running android 10 and using latest ringcentral app if i am listening to music and a call comes in 50/50 shot it will go to bluetooth or answer to nothing, as others have stated to fix this i have to turn bluetooth off then on on phone or headset then it works for the call or several after but then it may or may not release the headset to the music app properly again about 50/50 shot it does it right. Even with no other apps running occasionally the ring app will not go to bluetooth without turning bluetooth off and back on. Your app has a system call issue talking to the bluetooth stack and you need to resolve this as it is your app incorrectly calling or hanging onto a bluetooth device when it shouldn't.