question

cathy-biddy9081 avatar image
cathy-biddy9081 asked Micki Dooley commented

How do you recover a deleted voicemail? (U.S.)

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Booker DeWitt avatar image
Booker DeWitt answered

Hello Cathy!

Whether or not a voicemail can be recovered depends completely on how long ago it was deleted. If it was more than 5 days ago, then unfortunately there's no way for us to recover it. If it's less than that though then the number can be easily recovered from the user portal (there's no way for admins to do this for the users).

1) Have the user log into https://login.ringcentral.com/. If it's an admin logging in, click the blue box in the upper right corner of the window and switch it to "My Extension."

2) Click on Messages.

3) Click on Deleted Items.

4) Tick the box next to the message that you want to recover, then click Restore (it's right above the list). The message will be moved back to your inbox and with be placed according to the time and date that it was originally left at.

If you'd like more information on handling messages in the portal, please check out the article below.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Checking-incoming-messages-in-my-RingCentral-account.html

~Matt

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

reception-desk10954 avatar image
reception-desk10954 answered saadetswift16514 commented
When I go to deleted items, there is nothing there despite the fact that the voicemail was from yesterday
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Reception Desk, 

Are you still having issues? 
0 Likes 0 ·
rick-stroud avatar image
rick-stroud answered Micki Dooley commented
Hey RingCentral
I am in the same boat as Reception Desk. I clicked on the "deleted messages" and there is nothing in it... I just deleted a bunch of messages but accidentally deleted one that I needed. How can I get to it?
2 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Rick, 

If you have HIPAA enabled, your messages are gone unfortunately. Otherwise, the messages should be in the deleted folder for 5 days. 
1 Like 1 ·
Micki Dooley avatar image Micki Dooley jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

where can i see if we have that turned on? i am admin

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app