question

oncallanswer3873 avatar image
oncallanswer3873 asked d-penner15975 answered

Dead air on phone calls, the caller can hear me but I can't hear them.

US Account

case # 07226689

On several calls a day we can not hear callers, when they call back we can hear them. We take appox 400 calls a day and about 10 a day can not hear us. I sent RC a report of 6 so far today.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered bjsvec commented
Did you look up the bad calls under reports > quality of service?  There is a lot of good data there that might help you track down the cause.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

oncallanswer3873 avatar image oncallanswer3873 commented ·
Yes, thanks. They all show as good calls. 
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
What kind of firewall and what ISP do you use?  I am not saying the problem could not be out on the internet or a RC issue, but often one way speech is a firewall issue. If you are using a small home/SOHO router/firewall it may not be capable enough to handle your volume of calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
d-penner15975 avatar image
d-penner15975 answered
Did you get this resolved? We've had this intermittently for the past 6 months and Ringcentral tech have not been able to solve the problem. If anything, it seems to be getting worse.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app