question

david-greenwood12167 avatar image
david-greenwood12167 asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Set call handling to ring hardphone BEFORE mobile app

We have a need to set the hardphone to ring first, then roll (sequentially) to either the mobile app or the cellphone.  When will this feature be available?
call forwarding
20 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Betsy Byrne avatar image Betsy Byrne commented ·

Agreed. Would like this feature too and have been told it is not currently available.

0 Likes 0 ·
david-greenwood12167 avatar image david-greenwood12167 commented ·

Amen. So obvious a need. Come on Ring Central !

0 Likes 0 ·
rob-larose9408 avatar image rob-larose9408 commented ·

It's the oldest & most upvoted feature request in the RC Community. And has been met with crickets. Not even dignified with a "let us tell you why it's too hard for us to do."

0 Likes 0 ·
Drew Rothman avatar image Drew Rothman commented ·

Agreed. It's rather annoying to have to sit here listening to my cell phone and my desktop app ringing while I wait for my Polycom phone to start ringing so I can finally answer the call. I've taken to just disabling the mobile/desktop apps entirely.

I would also love to have this. I've got the desktop app, the phone app, and a Polycom hardware phone. If I'm at my desk, I nearly always want to answer using the hard phone, but I have to sit there listening to the mobile and desktop apps ringing for a while before the desk phone rings at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Drew Rothman commented ·

Hi Drew, have you tried to set up a simultaneous ring between the app and the desk phone? You can set up this so you can choose where to answer the call instead of waiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Drew Rothman avatar image Drew Rothman commented ·

Hi Mary - I'm pretty sure that's how I had it set up, but I will double-check it one more time in case it wasn't saved or something.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Drew Rothman commented ·

If it's already set up to simultaneous, make the desktop/mobile app into 0 rings. It's odd, but it will make your desk phone and app ring at the same time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Drew Rothman avatar image Drew Rothman mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Ah, maybe that's the trick I'm looking for. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app