question

justin-diablo12981 avatar image
justin-diablo12981 asked ·

HELP I AM GOING DIZZY WITH THIS VIRTUAL BACKGROUND OPTION

Does ring central have a virtual background setting like zoom does or not
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Justin, 

RingCentral Meetings does have virtual backgrounds. Check out this KB article here for more information! 
3 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

The issue is quality.  Without a green screen, the virtual background is useless.
1 Like 1 · ·
completely useless. absolute joke of a feature . who has a green screen . how is this not available. 
1 Like 1 · ·
Jessica.  I see what people are complaining about:  If you start a video meeting with the Unified App (formerly Glip) it's have the virtual background-works pretty good.  However, when you use RingCentral Meetings app, it's terrible.  Can you get a ticket open with RC support to evaluate and resolve this issue?
1 Like 1 · ·
jeff-faber12940 avatar image
jeff-faber12940 answered ·
Hi Jessica, I came to ask almost the same thing - Zoom have recently added a plugin that makes the Virtual Background work even without a greenscreen (or reasonable substitute) - do you know if and when this capability will make its way to RCM?  Thanks.

19 comments Share

Hi Jeff, 

I haven't heard anything about this feature being made available. If/when i hear anything I will post here :) 
1 Like 1 · ·
Any updates on this?

Our team just switched from zoom, and we all used virtual backgrounds, but in RingCentral virtual background doesn't work without greenscreen. In zoom there is an option "I have a greenscreen" which you can uncheck and it works great. RingCentral does not have this.

Please add/expose this option

thanks,
Derek

1 Like 1 · ·
It's much more than a "vanity" option for remote workers, FYI. Strongly support this!
1 Like 1 · ·
When using this without green screen enabled, RC Meetings virtual backgrounds flash with an effect which is almost strobe-like. It is completely unusable. Is there a workaround?
1 Like 1 · ·
I was just on a meeting ....he had zoom and could enable virtual background without a green screen. When will this be available....I thought we were subscribing to a service that had the latest zoom technology? Do we need to scrap RC and go to zoom direct? Its now a real priority...

1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments
lenissa-dumlao avatar image
lenissa-dumlao answered ·
Are there plans on giving RC customers this capability? With everyone working remotely at this time, many users are requesting virtual backgrounds. I agree, if RC is powered by zoom, why do we not yet have this capability?
12 comments Share

Please see my previous comment.  You just need to turn it on.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Not true.  The issue is quality and this capability within RC is dependent on a professional green screen background.  Otherwise, it's not usable.
1 Like 1 · ·
That is weird Peg.  I totally get it now.  I am running my meetings from the Unified App.  when I use that, it's great.  However, if I go through the meetings app, I see exactly what you are talking about!!!  I will open a ticket on this.... stay tuned!  This is bizarre.  Have you tried downloading the Unified app?  Previously... GLIP.
1 Like 1 · ·
Using unified app. 

1 Like 1 · ·
my specs are way adequate. 

1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments
jon-gibbs avatar image
jon-gibbs answered ·
Is everyone else experience choppy virtual background that does not work even with solid colors?
1 comment Share

Yes, I bought a green screen as I thought that would resolve the issue and it's still a mess. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
k-mcdaid9676 avatar image
k-mcdaid9676 answered ·
On RC it only works well when you use a high quality green screen as the backdrop.  With the lower quality green screens you get the head "shimmer". On other colored solid backgrounds its choppy.  On Zoom it seems to work fine regardless of what kind of background you are using.

dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore answered ·
It works for me on Zoom when I un-check "I have a green screen". This option is not available on RingCentral.
1 comment Share

This feature is available.  You may need to follow my recommendations above.
0 Likes 0 · ·
tyler-sims13331 avatar image
tyler-sims13331 answered ·
I have opened a case with RingCentral to see. Zoom as everyone says works perfectly when unchecking I have a green screen. Since RingCentral Meetings is powered by Zoom, I don't see why they can't make this available. We really need this option, otherwise, we will have to switch.
5 comments Share

from what I have seen with other customers, is you cannot move that fast you get a little choppy. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey RingCentral - the virtual background doesn't work without a green screen, yet for Zoom it does. Get this option fixed in the next update and let users have the option to un-check "i have a green screen". Major points if you get this solved!!!
1 Like 1 · ·
I use this all the time Dan with very little issue.. just a little choppy.  You don't have to select I have a green room.  Unless you have one :) 
0 Likes 0 · ·
yeah works amazing. hahaha great job ring central. 

1 Like 1 · ·
Hi Ronda, in my Virtual Background settings there is no box for me select that I am not using a green room. This option was there before I did my last update, and now it is gone. 
1 Like 1 · ·
samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered ·
Hi everyone, 
This option is there on the RingCentral unified apps > Meetings Settings. (The screens are a little different, but you should be able to login to the unified apps with your existing IDs). Those settings will then work for that client. 
The standalone RingCentral Meetings will be getting this in the next upgrade (tentatively May'20)
Hope that helps! 
2 comments Share

Yes, the option is there but have you tried it? Its unusable. They even warn you when you turn it on ,that you need a green screen background to get it to function better. Zoom has no requirements like that and their version of this option works well.
1 Like 1 · ·
Agree - when you finish this update be sure to get it so that people dont need a solid background or green screen to use the feature. 
1 Like 1 · ·
dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore answered ·
Thank you! Where is unified apps located, website or application? 
4 comments Share

Hi Dallas!

Our unified app located here!
Choose the version 20.2.2

Thanks! 
1 Like 1 · ·
Hello Jenn, thank you but I have both RingCentral and RingCentral Meetings downloaded on Windows  already. Not seeing the "Green Screen" checkbox option inside the app. Do you have a screen shot? :) 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes! It works through the unified app!
0 Likes 0 · ·
I agree, thank goddness.  However, in the Unified App, is there a way to "import" all of your previously scheduled meetings from the RC Meetings App?

1 Like 1 · ·
tyler-sims13331 avatar image
tyler-sims13331 answered ·
Everyone - it works through the unified RingCentral App - just go to RingCentral Meetings through there! 
2 comments Share

How did you get to settings in the unified app?  
0 Likes 0 · ·
Virtual Background is turned on - but I don't see the same screen where there is a check box for I have a green screen?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces