question

kayla-rolich13381 avatar image
kayla-rolich13381 asked ·

Custom Away Status

On the Glip app, you can set custom away status messages. Is there any way to delete ones that are no longer in use? or do they stay there forever?
General Topic
1 comment
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1. I'm unable to set a custom status (like 'Lunch') and then have it persist or be available to select the next day? Do I have to type it out every day?
2. How do I create my own custom status(es)? I don't plan on using any of the standard statuses.

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Kayla, 

The easiest way to delete any custom away message is to go to the custom field, and enter in a space. This will save the field as a blank field, effectively allowing you to delete the previous custom status :) 
14 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I just figured what she means.  Lol.  To add a custom status, click on your picture icon (or member icon if no picture saved), then "Share Status", then enter a note (ex., Out of Office for Holidays).  To remove the status note, click on your picture/member icon, then "Share Status", then enter a space.  The result is that is erases the former note.  Simple, but not obvious.

1 Like 1 ·
Hey Mike! Our Product Team is working on making the quick options for the desktop app mirror what is currently on the mobile app. We haven't been told when that will happen but it is on the roadmap.
1 Like 1 ·
Where is this custom field you describe?

0 Likes 0 ·
https://i.imgur.com/nsABM16.png
The "set custom status". If you notice, I have a status called "lunch til 12:30", is there any way to delete that?
0 Likes 0 ·
Shoot, do you have to do it after that exact status was created? Because that's not working for me. I even switched to that status, then did the space, and its still there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
luke-sipple6462 avatar image
luke-sipple6462 answered ·
Bump.  We need feature & experience parity between mobile and desktop!

chris-wert avatar image
chris-wert answered ·
Bump this back up as we would like to use this and actually started another thread about it

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app